Sunday, April 08, 2007

I'm here!

Well, actually, I've been here a while now, but there you go.

Yes indeedy, out here in South india in the region of Tamil Nadu, at Hebron School in a town called Ooty. And it's just fantastic. I'm loving being able to teach year 7 maths to a class of my own (quite scary at first), teach clarinet, piano and alto saxophone, and look after a year 8 dorm of 16(ish) boys - some aren't quite all there some of the time :P

Outside of that I'm enjoying playing clarinet in the concert band, singing in the choir, playing Need for Speed: Most wanted on the IT guy's conputer (what a legend!) and helping out with worship in church and 6:14ers bible club every other Sunday afternoon. In short, I'm doing a normal 'Tim Caird' and getting stuck in left, right and centre. But do you know what's really cool? Knowing that this is where God wants me here and now. Knowing that what I'm doing here is his will for me. And my quiet times just keep concreting that with God challenging me to give my whole heart to him in my academic, musical, bible club and dorm work. And I really want to be giving my whole heart! I mean, that's what I'm here for - that's what we're all here for! Suffice to say, God continues to rock my socks; daily.

Sadlt my time's up now, but I'll hopefully be online to blog again in the near future. If you'd like to keep up to date with my escapades, I'm writing a newsletter (sometimes with pictures!) every 3-4 weeks or so. Just contact me via my email address or if you're not sure what it is, leave a note on this post.

TTFN peeps, I'll be back in 3 months. MWAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!

TheWeeScottie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

weird is just your own personal brand of normal

3 comments:

hatchris said...

Yo Tim! I either am not sure what your email adress is or am too lazy to find it but whatever....can I get your updates? :-)
fozzyc42@hotmail.com

doonhamer geordie said...

Hi Tim - great to hear from you after so many months... can you add me to your email list so we get your updates (donaldjamesdaly@gmail.com) - we're continuing to pray for you!
Sounds like God is blessing you loads - and doing great stuff through you - keep at it!

Unknown said...

testing testing one two three...

I'll pop you both down Chris & Clan Geordie ;)