Monday, January 07, 2008

Reading a'hoy, thar be work off the port bow

Why the piratey name for the post? I have noooo idea, it just came to mind. What a strange mind I have, but you all knew that anyway so that's that.

A crazily busy term is laid out before me currently, with school placement starting next Monday, and 3 assignments as well as my special study (~8-9k words).

Last week my mind went 'wurgh!', and I got in a real fluster about work and this term, in particular my dissertation length special study. That bout of worrying wasted a good 2 days in me effectively saying, 'it can't be done, I can't do it!' But then Saturday made me take a pause as He gently, but firmly reminded me of something needed to hear:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
-- Proverbs 3v5-6 --

What had I been doing? Trusting in the power of Tim; which, I was humbly reminded again, amounts to diddly and a portion of squat. Looking back to last term, God held me firmly through the school experience, the assignments, and whatever else came along. Why should be not uphold me this term?

How easily we forget God's sovereign hand, and let our eyes drop to the rocky ground directly in front of us. And as I was reminded on Sunday, that focus of ours needs to be raised to the goal, to the author and perfecter of our faith: Jesus Christ. Only when it's set on him, does every worry melt into insignificance beside his glorious faithfulness, his ultimate power and total capability to provide for our every need.

It's not for no reason he commands us to trust; this is the command of a loving father, capable of anything.

TheWeeScottie

---------------------------------------------------------------

weird is just your own personal brand of normal

No comments: