Friday, August 22, 2014

New poem: Evening stars

New poem: Evening stars

Evening stars up there tonight
Winking in your twinkling light
For by shapes in clever ways
Night by night, up there you stay
Constellations ages old,
Galaxies so vast and bold,
Uncharted cosmos, deepest space,
Up I look and see your face
Some nights the clouds drift over you
A downy quilt which hides from view
Your comforting and quieting light
Hides your beauty from my sight
But though I can't see you sometimes,
I just remember, then remind
This mind that so quickly forgets
Those evening stars are patient yet
For when the clouds are blown away
Those evening stars will fresh display
Their dark and shadow piercing light
Refocusing my clouded sight
Evening stars, my night time friends,
Help me see when day's light ends.

No comments: