Sunday, December 09, 2007

Who lives there?

I heard this cracking quote of Martin Luther's in church today:

"If anyone knocks at the door of my heart and says 'Who lives there?' my answer is 'Jesus Christ lives here, not Martin Luther' "

I found myself wondering: would I state straight away that it is Jesus that is Lord of my heart - hes the one that lives there; or would I instead reply that 'it's me, Tim, the same guy that's always lived here! Who were you expecting?'

I find it's good to ask, 'Is Jesus in my thoughts, is his sacrifice written on my heart, do I bear his scars with pride or resentment?

Do I hold him up proudly, and call him Lord?

Does he live there, and will I let him rule in my heart?

TheWeeScottie

---------------------------------------------------------------

weird is just your own personal brand of normal

No comments: