- Cat visiting for 4 days :D
- Visiting my gran
- My dad & I spending 3-4 days putting up my mum's new green-house (2 days of which were spent decyphering what part 41 & part 6 were)
- Watching plenty of Stargate
- Completing 'Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass' on the Nintendo DS (yes, possibly a tad sad to mention that but that's just part of me! :P)
- 'Some' dissertation work - but the 'some' that was done was good.
- Reminders in my quiet times/devotions that I am saved by faith in Jesus' righteousness, and not by anything I can do. Changes in our desires & attitude are what we need now!
- Enjoying World of Warcraft, and being challenged about when & how I play it
- Much randomness with my fab family, as Cat will attest to ;)
- Applying to 5 jobs in Reading & Swindon schools
On the horizon then is my dissertation (which is on Maths Trails) being handed in on Friday, and my final school placement which begins next Monday & works into full swing with me teaching 100% of a year 3/4 class' lessons for the last 3/4 weeks! I'll try to post updates while I'm in school, but they may be sporadic with the amount of teaching and preparation I'll be doing.
To close, a short scripture in encouragement:
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
-- Hebrews 12v1-2 --
We may be busy-squared, have much work to do & seem to be 'hedged-in' by things we need to do, but never forget for an instant that we are running this race together - we're made to serve God's glory & part of that is loving & encouraging eachother! As we run, let's throw off the worries & the guilt the enemy tries to trip us up with and fix our focus on God alone. Everything else fits into his will in his time. 'We can do all things through him who gives us strength'!
weird is just your own personal brand of normal