Sunday, February 10, 2013

Love came down

Love came down

Lost in myself
Adrift in me
Loveless and unloved
Though many claimed so.
And some did
In their own way.
Some more than others
Others not at all.
Lost in the flow
Of me and myself.
Unable to steer
A useless rudder,
This stone heart in me.
It cannot change my course.
These oars move nothing
My strength but a breath in the wind,
I was dragged by the torrent
Down towards the falls.
But love came down.
Love melted this rock
That used to be my heart
For the first time
It began to beat
And love flooded this body.
I took my hands off the oars
I knew I could do no more.
His was my strength.
His was my love.
And I began to turn
Into the current.
Others called out
I was crazy, insane,
Unrealistic, wasting my strength.
But I replied it wasn't mine,
I was leant more by another
And I would pull against the current.
I would dig my oars
And cut a new course.
I would follow the wake of another
Who'd ploughed these waters before.
He had made it,
Back to the source
And I would follow.
I would pull against the flow
Knowing I was too weak
To overcome the pull myself
But He,
Oh He,
His strength would be enough.
His love would be enough
Even for me
For this unloved,
For this despised by me,
His love would be enough.
For He was love.
And I looked upstream
And saw His boat,
Ploughing a furrow
Through the choppy waters
And his wake beckoned to me
It reached to me
And it reached right to the falls.
All could turn
and lay down their oars
Before picking them up again,
Not out of necessity
But out of thankfulness
And pure, unadulterated joy.
The journey would take a lifetime,
Yet that rest at the end
Oh hat rest would be sweet!
For there He stood
At journey's end,
Smiling and beckoning to me,
To me!
He waits for me,
His love always enough.
Even for me.
And so I dug my oars
In such sweet joy
And pulled upstream and onwards,
Eyes fixed on my sweet, sweet Jesus.
He was waiting for me,
And I'd see Him soon.

No comments: