Sunday, December 25, 2005

Joy

As a lot of your will know, my gran’s recently taken up temporary residency in West Berks Hospital, shortly being upgraded to a mansion in paradise. Tho’ it’s been hard over the last 2 weeks – crazy to think it’s only been 2 – and priorities have changed for me this hols, the over-riding thing that has kept joy in my heart has been that she is soon going to be in Heaven, pain-free, and able to worship God the way he meant us to.

‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.
-- Revelation 21v4 --

I know this verse relates when Jesus returns, but I know that when my gran comes into Heaven all the above will be true for her.

Praise God that we have this same hope for our lives; not hope in the human sense of ‘I hope this will happen’, but in the terms that Jesus meant – an eternal hope, a definite and real hope that we can stake our lives upon.

It's true, I'm going to miss my gran something rotten when God welcomes her into his presence, but praise God indeed that he is so loving that one day he will take us from our physical and mental infirmity, and cloth us in his righteousness in Heaven.

And yes, I'm going to meet her again. THAT is where my joy comes from, and Heaven is where my hope lies

No comments: