Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Discoveries in data entry

I've only had 4 days of doing data entry, yet already God's shown me that if I am to honour him in the mundane, boring and every-day un-inspiring things of my life, then I need to do it with a passion after his name!

Colossians 3v23-24 says:

'Whatever you do, work at it with
all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for me, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.'

In fact, this data entry is in one light how the world sees it; a boring monotonous way to earn money. But from the perspective of a Christian, someone who has seen and will continue to see the goodness of God worked out in their life, this is an opportunity to serve God with a passion after his name.

I wholeheartedly admit that it's not been easy all the time to work hard at it, but therein lies another truth - we can do nothing if it is in our strength! I've discovered this through finals, coursework, the saga of my gran, and in my everyday battles with the enemy for guidance in my heart.

So as another day of data entry lies ahead of me, I am honestly joyful in my heart that God's provided this work for me - because it is something I can invest my passion after him in. I urge you, take whatever God's laid before you in the day, give it up to him, and seek to use it for his glory. He's promised to inspire you in all areas of your life, if you'll seek after him!

Make this day his, and see where he leads you.

TheWeeScottie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

weird is just your own personal brand of normal

1 comment:

Daddy_Stony said...

woo 2 posting of the same thing ?
Just imagine having to do this for the rest of your life, and then keep the right perspective.
Ecclesiastes 3:12 & 13
It sure keeps me going, holding on to the Father's hand <><