Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Blogging to Worship God

I've just finished reading this article by Bob Kauflin called Blogging to Worship God and I really want to recommend it to all of you who read or write blogs. It's really made me think about my motivations behind blogging, what I'm seeking to achieve through my blog, and above all - am I seeking to glorify God through my blog's contents?

I found it challenging & thought-provoking. Making me think seriously about how often I check for comments, and whether at the base of it, I'm looking for my or God's glory through what I blog.

Bob Kauflin writes humbly and backs up his points from scripture. If you a) care for Jesus Christ as your Lord & Saviour, and b) want to glorify him, then have a read. Have an open heart & mind, test all he says by the Holy Spirit & take on board what he lays on your heart.

'So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God'
-- 1 Corinthians 10:31 --

Remember that blogging, if part of our lives, is part of our worship to God. Do it for his glory.

TheWeeScottie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

weird is just your own personal brand of normal

1 comment:

Daddy_Stony said...

Well recommended Sir. It is an attitude we should all have when we 'blogg'. Although we must also remember that our Lord has a commical side to Him too and thus should not loose track of humour and fun in our expressions. Thus said, there are ways and means in communicating without the need of being crude, rude, or just impolite - harping back to dyas of Reading ;-)