Saturday, February 18, 2006

Kids songs

Hey all, as you may or may not know, I am finally home for the weekend - huzzah! Having woken up at 7am, I went to my CD player to discover that I had previousely put all my Kids Prasie tapes by it! I put one on and the 4 song is called 'For God so loved the world'. The lyrics run as follows:

For God so loved the world, he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him, shall not die but have eternal life

'L' is for the love that he has for me
'I' am the reason he died on the tree
'F' is for forgiveness, and now I am free
'E' is to enjoy being in his company

The song is sung as a round, with 2 groups of kids singing the 2 strings alternately. As I listened to this song it just sturck me, how it states 4 simple truths that are vital that we remember, the most challenging of which for me, is 'E' - am I enjoying being in his company? We're called to serve God, with a joyful heart at all times - in the easy and tough, the happy and sad.

At the end of the day, what we need to seek is not mere happiness - because that's just a fleeting thing, but to seek true joy and contentment in God's goodness, because his plan for us is good!!

TheWeeScottie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if computers are idiot-proof, why can't I make them work...

3 comments:

Sally said...

I know that one! We do it occasionally at my church at home. :o)

And I quite agree about the lasting joy thing. I've had 'To Be In Your Presence' floating around in my head of late. It's wonderful to remember how just being still and knowing He is God can be such an uplifting and peaceful experience (Shalomful?) and can get you through some pretty trying things.

Anonymous said...

I really love this song, and I cant seem to find the song anywhere! can you please tell me the writer of this song please.

Unknown said...

Hi Charlotte,

I don't know the author of the song atm as the tape's in a different house! Ask me in 3 weeks and I'll be able to give you an answer.

Tim :)