Friday, July 14, 2006

Homesick

The lyrics below came to mind as I read that a friend of mine's mum is
being called home at an early age, after losing the battle with cancer.
I posted the same lyrics when my gran nearly died on us last year, and
remember the pain and feeling of loss, in anticipation of that day when
we'd get the news. But these lyrics speak such truth, take a min to
read them:

'...In Christ, there are no goodbyes
and in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again

And I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow

I've never been more homesick than now'

-- MercyMe: 'Homesick' --

As the time approaches, my friend and her family know beyond a
shadow of a doubt that she is heading straight into the arms of
her loving Lord and saviour, Jesus Christ. God has strengthened
her and given her hope beyond her dreams for the past 6 months, and
now that hope which we all have is soon to be realised, when she
passes through the veil and comes to meet Jesus Christ fact to face.
It's a bitter-sweet time for my friend and her family, but I hope and
pray they find hope in the fact that this is not so much a 'goodbye',
as 'au revoir' - until we meet again.
TheWeeScottie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

weird is just your own personal brand of normal


No comments: