Sunday, January 01, 2006

New year, same God

Hey all, the new year has come round once again, and I'd like to share what my dad opened the new year with:

'So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.'
--Isaiah 41v10--

Look at your life, and you quickly realise how much that we take for granted is so easily taken away from us - money and time to name but two. But despite these turbulent times we live in, and the crazy lives we live, we can be sure that the God we serve remains the same. The God who:
  • Cares for us and loves us deeply
  • Never leaves our side
  • Celebrates with us when we're on cloud nine
  • Carries us when we're broken-hearted and have reached rock-bottom
  • Guides us when we're lost
  • Shines his light in our dark times
  • receives us back, no matter what we do
  • is totally good, faithful in every way

Dear brothers and sisters, this is the God we serve - Wow!!! As this new year dawns us on, take this life you have been given by the reins, and hand those reigns over to God. He's got awesome plans for you and me, beyond our dreams; but we have to trust him first, before we can see them worked out.

Wouldn't it be awesome to look back in a year's time, and say, 'Lord, that year was yours. Thank you'

God's going to continue to be faithful, but how far are you willing to trust him?

Make it his :)

No comments: