Sunday, May 21, 2006

Craziness...

You'd think with a title like that, that this post'd be about me, but I'm just the observer & participater in this story - not the architect.

Saturday morning was a case of me praying about planning my day and trying to revise the majority of my State Space notes for my Monday exam (not a pretty picture, trust me there) and as such working late and catching eurovision online while Si headed out to someone's for it. Talk about shaping up to be a pants day. But that's not the end of the story - not by a long shot!

Waiting at the bus stop after raiding Asda I got a phone call from a coursemate, John, asking if we could finish copying notes. I said yes and on the off-chance asked if he was free that afternoon to go through State Space... I'll spare you the boring details, but I ended up being fed twice at John's house, working 1.30-6 (getting some good work in) and staying to watch the whole of eurovision (which I reckon's one of the best we've had in the last 5 years).

Talk about a success story, my day of pantsness was turned upside down and God was smiling all the while. Man I wish I'd just learn to give my days up to him and trust him to guide me. I was meditating this morning in Acts 7 and God pressed home how sometimes you find yourself unsure why you're where you are or why God won't lift you up out of a certain situation. In these times we need to lift whatever it is up to God & seek him to make it clear why we're here & ... here's the dead groovy part ... what he wants us to be doing while we're here.

Exams are drawing to a close, but I'd not have swapped this last 5 weeks for the world. Exams may be hard to revise for/understand but God gives perfectly to you if we you him. It's been a humbling time of learning how to trust God more & walk in his strength. I'd not keenly thrust my hand up in volunteering to do it again, not by a long shot, but I've loved how God's taken a stereotypically stressful time in the year & used it for his glory.

TheWeeScottie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

weird is just your own personal brand of normal

No comments: